Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fistful of Cash


This is my friend Ken, holding a fistful of cash. Ken is one of my best friends, ever since he saved me from an obnoxious Belgian in a bar one day several years ago.

Now, I love Ken right to death. He's the kind of friend that's always late, which works fine for me since I'm always late, too. In fact, we have made plans to go somewhere on Saturday morning and not actually gotten there until Sunday afternoon. That one was a little extreme, but let's just say that if you allow an hour lateness for each of us to get it together...

Another thing about Ken is that he sometimes forgets stuff. A couple of times lately, it's been his wallet. (No, he's not a moocher - really, he's actually very generous, he just forgets things like wallets and keys when he's in a rush and I'm calling him every 5 minutes berating him for being late because I'm starving to death and could he please put the move on it and get his butt out the door...I get Really Cranky when I'm hungry.) It's become kind of a joke between us lately. So this most recent time, when he mentioned he didn't have his wallet and I got that impatient look on my face he grinned and dug deep into his pockets and triumphantly said, "But I do have money!"

Naturally, I had to document the occasion.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, it certainly is :)

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

hahahah.. it is awesome to have friends like that. Hope it last forever!

Jen said...

Cute story. I'm always 5 minutes late, myself. No matter what I'm doing or where I'm going, I'll be 5 minutes late.

I would mind some of that. Money, that is. :-)

Edward said...

Hehehe.. looks mostly like 1s though, cheap bastahd ;)

At least when I shoot money, it's 20s! hehe.