Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Reflection


A bit of a double entendre here, with the actual reflection and a reflective facial expression. So now you now my secret, I'm a big geek.

Using reflections in shots is fast becoming one of my favorite techniques. This is another co-worker from my office. She's a real sweetheart and is the owner of the plant you saw before.

Here I had to play with a transparency brush to disguise the camera's reflection in the glass, and then further confuse things with a soft focus, but overall I'm pretty happy with this shot. It was an "A-ha!" moment for me, as we had originally gone into the conference room to play with natural light. After popping off some acceptable portraits, I then spied with my photographer's eye the potential for greatness in a different angle. Well, just trust me, it had potential for greatness before I ruined the reflection with a bounce flash. :) Next time I'll try it with a tripod.

I love the days when you get all inspired because you did something kinda cool and the person you shot is so excited about it and can't wait to see the final version in their e-mail. Yay for today!

Vive la PAD!

6 comments:

Edward said...

For a minute I thought this was you.. When we going to see a *self* portrait haaaawwwhhh?

MattO said...

She looks deep in thought, almost day dreaming she is miles away from where she currently is. I like the shot and want to try relfections myself. I want to do a mirror shot myself, but I dont have a big enough mirror. I like the window idea though.

Kekiinani said...

Terrific idea and a beautiful image. I think using the window was really a cool idea, vs a mirror. I bet she totally loved the final version!! I know I really like it LOTS!! :)

mike fairbanks said...

Excellent Job, and very creative! And what a great looking model too! This came out so well, makes me want to try one, except I need a window with a view other than a trailer park! LOL!

Unknown said...

This is great. Something I'll have to try too. Well done

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

This rocks! I love her expression.