Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Grunge Bunny


Grunge Bunny gone bad. This was a pure experiment that has completely gone awry.

This stuffed animal was handmade for me by my great-grandmother when I was about 3 years old. It came with a tiny suitcase filled with clothes, that she had also hand-sewn with lotsa love. You can tell I loved the bunny and played with it often, it's missing ears and one of the arms is almost falling off. Now it sits in the corner, and a tiny-child size rocking chair that was also mine when I was little.

I've been wanting to experiment with a grunge factor, so I wanted to take something fairly innocuous and slightly boring, and make it super exciting and artsy-fartsy. It was a good lesson in adjustment layers, but it doesn't really come off in the way I intended. Probably a different background would have helped; flowered wallpaper isn't really cutting it for grunge.

Oh well, I'll try again another day with a better subject.

1 comment:

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

This is great. Seems a bit bright on the top. the grain and flower wallpaper work well.