Wednesday, March 08, 2006

That Girl


Another co-worker - my boss is going to get sick of me hauling everyone into the conference room for photo shoots! Thank goodness I have the next couple of days off....

Frankly, I'm not too sure about this. I wanted all kinds of stripes on her face from the vertical blinds, but then when I got it I wasn't sure I wanted it anymore. Shakti Gawain has a good nugget in one of her books regarding creative visualization and intention; something along the lines of "if you could have it, would you really take it?" It appears along with the caveat that if you aren't sure, don't waste your time. I probably should have taken more time with this, but with a senior VP lurking about and peeking in through the door to see what was going on....oh wait -- maybe he wanted his picture taken, too! I should have asked him. :)

I think I like this less as a portrait and more as a study in composition with all the lines. To borrow from Fox News, "I shoot, you decide."

Tomorrow I'll be in Boston, MA for some general frolic. Any restaurant recommendations? I have a few favorites, but am always up for additional exploration....

4 comments:

Vikas said...

I like the lighting! Was the grain on purpose?

Little more shadow of the blinds might have worked better...have to try it myself to see how it comes out.

p.s. you posted a comment on my older blog (Thank You!) and hence the missing posts!

MattO said...

Hmmm lines and curves and lighting. I wonder how you convince your fellow employees to model for you. They all look deep in thought like they are trying to figure out how to get back at you! Nice work on trying something new.

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

I like the lines on her face.. didn't notice them till I read what you wrote. hahahaah..I think it is funny that you are taking everyones pictures..yes you should have asked that VP guy..

mike fairbanks said...

Hmm, I agree with you on the lines, somehow I think the concept was better than the reality. As for Boston, when in Fanuel Hall, one must get some chocolate chip cookies from The Chipyard (its in one of the outside corridors, not the main middle hallway)OMG, theyve been there for like 30+ years, all they sell is cookies, and milk, and THEY ROCK!!!!