Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Antsy


Well, I finally got my picture of an ant. If you've been following along in this little blog world of mine (and don't tell me if you haven't been - it will break my heart) you know that I've been battling these babies since the advent of spring.

This guy was loopy on Raid Ant Bait, so he wasn't moving too fast. Still a hard little bugger to capture; once I got this up on the monitor and saw the mandible on this sucker I was a bit horrified. Who knew they had such monster choppers? Yuck. I need to post something else quick because it's creeping me out.


(c) 2006 by A1275

7 comments:

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Dang!!! This is awesome! Ants creep me out and his pinchers..yikes! You captured his meaness very well. LOL

Kiyoko Gotanda said...

Nice macro!!

MattO said...

That is a very cool capture! I love it, nice detail in the shot!

kaye said...

Eeek! That's creepy! I'm usually battling these guys too, but I've been really lucky lately. The daffodils are a much calmer and prettier subject for the PaD!

TonyV said...

Well taken. A little over-sharpened I think.

Vikas said...

Great macro, it is indeed creepy!!

Metropolitan Housewife said...

Gorgeous shot!

Funny- so many of you think this is a creepy one, and *I* was thinking, "Darn, too bad she didn't get a few more shots, I'd love to buy this in a series to frame and put up in my home office!"

(I'm an entomologist at heart, I 'spose!")

Once again, great work.