Sunday, January 01, 2006

View From My Window I - Winter

An apple tree. In the spring it's just beautiful with loads of apple blossoms. In the fall we get herds of deer grazing underneath it. In the winter it looks kind of creepy at night. I could bore you with the details of Infrared, bracketed exposures and gradient transparency fades, but that would take the mystery right out of it now, wouldn't it?





I hope you like it, since I'm planning on doing a seasonal series on this.

Day 1 down, 364 to go!

8 comments:

Laurie L. Black said...

Creepy but way cool... I love this kind of thing! :)

Ben said...

Great shot, I love the lighting and effect you got from the IR and stuff :) Happy new year and good luck for teh rest of the year! :)

mk said...

A seasonal series would be cool! We've got an apple tree too, I should join you. I've only seen it in two seasons so far.

Kiyoko Gotanda said...

Oh wow! Love the atmosphere this creates!

Good luck with your PAD!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. All those branches kind of have that wavy hair look.

Unknown said...

I think it looks cold now where you live.

Unknown said...

I think it looks cold now where you live.

Karen said...

Very nice, it does look a bit eerie with the blue glow but it's eerie in a beautiful way.