Saturday, December 31, 2005

One Extra Second in 2005




Working man having a drink and a smoke. OK, so this may not be the greatest shot ever, but it means something to me. My Dad always used to come from work and enjoy some Lord Calvert and a Camel non-filter. Not quite the same here, but when I saw it through the lens I remembered my Dad.

We are going to get an extra second this year in 2005! Do you think Dick Clark will pause that silly ball on the way down to account for it? See here for more details.


Some tips for the amateurs on New Year's Eve:

  • You don't want to kill your liver, do you? So don't take Tylenol (acetaminophen) to avoid or cure your hangover, as it gets processed through your liver which will already be overworked by all that alcohol you drank. Take ibuprofen or aspirin instead.
  • There is nothing attractive about men drinking Strawberry Daiquiris. If you are a guy who wants to get smooched, stick to imported beer or paddle down the whiskey river. If you are a girl with your eye on the guy drinking the foo-foo drink, watch the clock instead. No good can come of it anyway.
  • Lastly, I'll pass on some wise advice and counsel from my cousin Gillian: Watch out for those corks! They could put your eye out, and that's no way to start the New Year.

Have fun, and I'll see you next year!

4 comments:

Ben said...

I really love this shot. The focus is great and the subject with the dirty nails and the cigarette are really shown well. :)

Unknown said...

Now I know where to come for drinking advice :)

Good luck on your PAD project.

Happy New Year! Should be a fun one

Faye

L2 said...

Wow, the feedback on this has been great, guys! Many thanks to Konador who suggested the black and white treatment....

drake said...

I love the textures of the ashes and the ice. smooth vs rough. I love it.