Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pointless


Thought it would be fun today to have a shot that was complete and utter nonsense, simply for the sheer joy in being creative and (hopefully) entertaining. I first had this idea during the Visual Puns challenge, but lost track of the entry deadline and missed out.

It was actually kind of fun coming up with the iambic pentameter for this one. Although if you were going to be strict about it, there are only supposed to be five iambic "feet" (yes, five; that's one more than four, or four to the next level, if you prefer) of two syllables each. Since I have an extra syllable in this modest little beginning of a verse, that's called a feminine ending. Probably the most famous line of iambic pentameter is, "To be, or not to be, that is the question." That one has a feminine ending too, and I figured if a feminine ending is good enough for Shakespeare, then it's good enough for me. But really, isn't all this blather about 5 or 10 of this or that just much ado about nothing? It's pointless! :)

Lately, I'm finding that there can be quite a delightful distraction in certain pointless exercises.

Someone recently thought to let me know that she thought I could be considered both sensible and sassy. Now that girl, she has a good point....

9 comments:

Linda said...

Not totally pointless at all - you're displaying your exceptional lighting skills and beautiful penmanship.

Ben said...

I really like what you've done with the processing, and the photo is very good too... unique :)

MattO said...

wow how in the world did you make something so simple, so interesting. I like it, and the processing adds so much to it. Great job.

mk said...

Wow, whoever said that bit about sensibility must be a damn genius.

Nicely post processed shot. And nice handwriting, too. :) But please do not underestimate the eraser. The eraser plays an important part in this world!

Edward said...

You know a little too much about poetry.. *mind boggling*

I don't really like verse. I hated Shakespeare unless it was presented to me in Coles Notes.

Love the shot though, it's very witty :)

Kiyoko Gotanda said...

Very creative! That looks like some cool paper you've got there.

Ahh, poetry, rhythm, iambic pentameter... I was always partial to the limerick...

Great shot

TonyV said...

I like the colour and lighting. The poetry analysis went over my head ... although the words do have a nice rhythm to them.

Karen said...

I like this, very nice.

Bill Landry said...

Hardly pointless, and it's unfortunate that you missed the Visual Puns challenge with this gem.