Friday, January 20, 2006

This Could Have Been Mine


Just jokes, baby, just jokes.

Many thanks to my tennis partner Paul, who agreed to be silly for me. For those interested, Paul is a happily married man who in no way ever could have been mine, other than as a fearless tennis partner. We play on the same USTA Mixed Doubles team. His normal USTA partner is my pal Kiki, who you may have seen mentioned before either here or on DPC. Kiki likes to tease him that he's "cheating" on her with me in the Friday night league. He takes it all in good fun, which is the intention.

This is in follow-up to yesterday's post, which got a heck of a lot of great comments - thank you, everyone! I see the formula now...

In addition to this one, we have a little bonus pic, since I feel it only fair to show you what Paul really looks like:





Perhaps his smile might have been a bit brighter if we had actually won (we lost 6-4, 1-6, timed match tiebreak 2-7); however, it's not a given. The thing I like best about Paul is his tireless cheerfulness, and the fact that he doesn't throw fits on the court when I've blown an easy overhead. 'Natch, I had to liquor him up a little bit to get him to agree to let me post the silly picture, but all's fair in love and PAD, right?

In addition to tonight's shots, we have a few of a very special lime, which is to be featured in another future posting. Let's just say that at the end of the evening, Paul wanted to take the lime home. 'Nuff said.

5 comments:

mk said...

Haha! An excellent follow up to yesterday's post. Paul does a good smarmy.

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

ROFL!!

MattO said...

He looks like a jokester alright. If he is half the tennis player he is as a friend, I'm surprised you would ever lose. Just to let you post a photo like that on the net is a true show of friendship.

mike fairbanks said...

Aghhh, thats it tease! first those lucscious lips now the lime, geez more frustratin than a handless man in a nudie bar! :-)

Edward said...

Ok.. I dunno why I haven't been able to say anything, but..

OMFG..

Dude needs xanax :)