Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Just Walk Away...


Invariably in life, there are days when we come across a pile of crap. Here's to just walking away....

This is a project that I've had in my head for quite awhile, but only tonight has it come to fruition. This series was shot at the Roger Williams Park Zoo late last fall, and even as the action was taking place I resolved to someday make a triptych out of it. Sometimes it takes three pictures to be worth 1,000 words.

I thought my poor little head would explode trying to figure out the math for the correct dimensions, and savvy triptych-makers will probably notice lots of scale errors, but it was fun to play around tonight with my little photo story anyway.

My favorite shot is the one in the middle, where the elephant appears to recoil in horror at the stench.

I've learned a lot from this elephant,

A1275

11 comments:

Edward said...

hahaha.. excellent :)

Not the most traditional example of a PaD, but whoever said it needed to be.. it's a great triptych.

mike fairbanks said...

This is such an awesome tryptych, and such a timely blog, given all the crap on dpc lately, I love it, made me laugh!

MattO said...

Timely for sure. I feel like I just walked in and saw the forums. I love this, now can you teach me how to do the tryptych?

Kiyoko Gotanda said...

I simply want to repeat what everyone has said so far. Well done!

Anonymous said...

That's some good shit!

Love,
Brother

Jaime said...

This picture is just so funny to look at for me! haha Glad you captured this elephant's "displeasure" in finding a "big" present that it had left itself earlier. :-)

Linda said...

With so much crap in my life right now, this was perfect - guess I'll just learn to walk away. lol

As for the triptych, you did a great job. I agree - the middle shot best shows the emotion of the elephant.

- Linda

Anonymous said...

This is really a fun triptych. My favorite of the three is where he's walking away ... great arrangement of the series. I agree with you that each of these three images are required to tell this story. Nice work!

kaye said...

Well done! I love how it tells a little story. Glad you came back to this idea and shared it.

Di said...

lol you can almost hear the elephant thinking... sniff... ewwwww... the escape

Bill Landry said...

Great triptych! I love how you've captured a story that has made me laugh.