Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lupercalia


After doing all that research yesterday, I thought it would be fun to take a shot depicting something from the old Lupercalia ritual. Regrettably, we only have coyotes here instead of wolves. Not even one of my friends would agree to being beaten with a whip in a mock attempt, either. Since the whole thing was about fertility, the closest I could come was something growing.

This is a common red potato, which is growing roots from the eyes. I've had this (and a few others) under a towel in the kitchen for about a month now, making seed potatoes for the garden this spring. I only just noticed how cool the roots are!

I'm cheating a tiny bit on the date, since I unexpectedly fell asleep last night. I'll do better today, I promise!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That's a really cool macro.

Kekiinani said...

Nice Macro Shot. Great DOF and colors. :)

mike fairbanks said...

Lol, dont ya hate it when sleep interferes with life, geez, LOL!