Friday, May 12, 2006

Bubble Fun II


Hmm, I think this is the first time that Kate's made an appearance; other than her foot, that is.

Without Kate, this little Photo-A-Day project would never have come to fruition. That's because my photography career would never have gotten off the ground.

You see, in my family I'm kind of known for Picking Up New Hobbies, but not so much for Sticking With It. (OK, so my commitment issues aren't limited to my romantic relationships....) There's a story about a stove-pipe and a figure skating demonstration that will have to live in infamy at the holiday dinner table, but for the most part let's just say I believe in being well-rounded and having lots of things to talk about at cocktail parties

So when I gleefully announced during Thanksgiving festivities a few years ago that I was taking up photography, I got lots of groans, a few chuckles, and one smart comment that went along the lines of "Too bad you couldn't take a picture of that stove pipe you busted up...."

It was dear, sweet Kate who (although she might secretly have believed this was just another passing phase) pretended to take me seriously and cheerfully agreed to be my first model and let me do a few belly shots for her when she was pregnant. She's still a bit camera shy when it comes to a full portrait session, but she's pretty good with the "Ooohs" and "Aaaahs" which (as you know) is very important from an audience. :)

Anyway, without her support, I might never have gotten started.

Thanks, Katie-bird. I love you, too.

(c) 2006 by A1275

1 comment:

MattO said...

What a great idea to keep the childs mind off the fact that they are being photographed, so they will just be themselves. I'll have to remember bubbles next time I shoot Brandon.