Sunday, April 30, 2006

Woonsocket Fire


Local Heroes "

Huge fire here in RI - remembering that one of the current challenges at DPC is "Photojournalism" I set off to go shoot a winner.

What a disappointment. By the time Kiki and I got there, the scene was completely under control - we had to park a freaking half-mile away and hike in, and we could only get as far as the news reporters area. Still, it was rather exciting. Unfortunately, firefighters don't stand still for pictures even when they are taking a quick break, and so this is a bit OOF. By this time, the fire was under control. Firefighters from 46 stations took part; more details are here.


(c) 2006 by A1275

Bonus shot:


"Little Girl Lost "

I was kind of hoping that it wasn't her house that she was watching burn. OOF again, I know, but I like the facial expression.

(c) 2006 by A1275

No comments: